Kamis, 28 Juni 2018

Sponsored Links

A Continuous Thread Runs Through US History: Hucksterism
src: truthout.org


Video Template talk:Hotels in Washington, D.C.



Who gave the stars?

On what basis is this template organized? Which rating system is used? AAA? Michelin? Car? If we look at the AAA diamond rating, then Mandarin Oriental has not, and it is not, a five star hotel. Just a four star. Surely someone has some basic knowledge of what is used to register the hotel here. - Tim1965 (talk) 01:08, October 8, 2014 (UTC)

@ Tim1965: I created a template. I can not remember what basis I use it. Feel free to change to AAA diamond rank. Blofeld 11:24, October 8, 2014 (UTC)

I am not tied to AAA, we can use Cars (now Forbes) or Michelin. I do not think we can combine them, because only a few are using the five-point system. The Academy of American Hospitality Sciences and Michelin give stars, but they seem to only rate a few hundred hotels each year. Forbes/Car seems to only rate 1,000 per year, while AAA covers about 29,000 hotels per year. AAA yes! - Tim1965 (talk) 13:49, 8 October 2014 (UTC)

I also do not understand the rating system used here. Why is this separated by star ratings, especially in non-sourced templates like this? @ Tim1965 and Dr. Blofeld: Unless one of you has a different idea or object at all, I propose to list this alphabetically. --- Other Believers ( Talk ) 20:03, March 10, 2017 (UTC)

  • Back in 2014, I rearrange the list according to the AAA rating, and then start adding that rank (with excerpts) to articles for five and four star hotels, and to some three stars. Template updated in 2016 when one of the hotels downgrades. But brave! - Tim1965 (talk) 22:11, March 10, 2017 (UTC)

Maps Template talk:Hotels in Washington, D.C.



Update list and comment

I updated the list of hotels, based on the list provided at WashingtonDChotels.com, which is proving out of date, as well as online research. A number of hotels were added, and some names were changed. I deleted AKA White House, because this is an extended-stay company rather than a hotel. Similarly, I do not add Oakwood at Lexington at Market Square or Oakwood at Warder-Totten Mansion, as they are also extended stay. It's not clear to me what a two star hotel (DC may not have a one star hotel anymore), but it seems to rely on whether there is a meal service (room service, dining room, or some sort of common breakfast room) in the hotel. Some hotels on the list may be two star hotels, but if so I have not done the original (gulp!) Research to determine it and put it all on the list.

I'm not sure what to do about B & amp; Bs. One is listed here, but according to my count there are 13 of them in the city (excluding AirBNBs). - Tim1965 (talk) 19:49, 16 October 2014 (UTC)

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments